“BLOOD SIMPLE” MEETS “VERY BAD THINGS” IN AN ACCLAIMED, DARK AND QUIRKY THRILLER – “Road to the Well”
An unconventional PhD dropout and his drifter best friend get tangled in a surreal web of murder and deceit in ROAD TO THE WELL, a dark, quirky thriller following in the footsteps of Blood Simple and Very Bad Things. From award-winning screenwriter and first-time filmmaker John Cvack, this festival favorite – an Official Selection at the San Diego International and Lone Star Film Festivals, and winner of “Best of Fest” at the Long Beach Indie International Film Festival — arrives on DVD ($19.99srp) and leading digital platforms including iTunes, Amazon & Google Play on December 27 from Candy Factory Films.
After dropping out of his doctoral Philosophy program, the unconventional Frank (Laurence Fuller) begins to fall into a mundane lifestyle, made complete with a menial office job. After catching his girlfriend with his boss, his old best friend, Jack (Micha Parker), arrives in town and hastily arranges a rendezvous with a strange and beautiful lady of the night for his down-in-the-dumps pal. However, during the steamy encounter, they’re viciously attacked, leaving the prostitute dead and Frank unconscious. After discovering his predicament, Jack convinces a drunk, panicked Frank to head up North, take a new job and, most importantly, bury the body. Thus, the duo embarks on a strange, dark and cerebral journey into the California Sierras, full of old friends, lost loves, eccentric in-laws, backwoods pimps, and a suspicious ex-Military Chaplain (Marshall R. Teague), all while seeking to discover who’s responsible for the murder.
- Laurence Fuller (Apostle Peter and the Last Supper)
- Micah Parker (Lola Vs., “The Flash”, “The Vampire Diaries”, “Mob City”)
- Marshall R. Teague (Road House, The Rock, Armageddon, “Babylon 5”)
- Barak Hardley (“Halt and Catch Fire”)
- Rosalie McIntire (“True Detective: Season 2”)
- Dances With Films (2016), Official Selection
- Lone Star Film Festival (2016), Official Selection
- Long Beach Indie International Film Festival (2016), Winner, “Best of Fest”
- Orlando Film Festival (2016), Winner, “Best Supporting Actor: Micah Parker”
- San Diego International Film Festival (2016), Official Selection
- Scream in the Dark Film Festival (2016), Official Selection
- Twin Cities Film Fest (2016), Official Selection